Aamer Anwar & Co. are looking to recruit two experienced solicitors, with Criminal and/or Civil Litigation/Public Law experience to join one of Scotland’s leading law firms.
Contract Type: Full-Time
Practice Area: Civil Court Litigation, Criminal Court Work, Human Rights, Public law
PQE: 3 -4 yrs, 5+ yrs
With a busy caseload and several large and complex cases, we are looking for qualified solicitors with a passion for criminal law and the defence of civil liberties and human rights.
We are instructed to act in the Sheku Bayoh Public Inquiry, but also retain instructions in the posthumous Lockerbie appeal, a number of high profile civil actions against the state involving deaths in custody, immigration, private client work as well as a criminal legal aid practice.
A significant proportion of our work is pro-bono work. This role offers the opportunity to be working at the cutting edge of law and you are guaranteed to never have a ‘dull moment’.
The role would be suitable for 2 solicitors one with 8 years PQE and one with 4 years PQE, although we may accept applications from practitioners at any level if they fit the job profile.
Criminal experience and/or a Civil litigation background with experience of public inquiries would highly desirable and advantageous.
A competitive salary shall be offered, commensurate with experience. Please note salaries dependent on experience are set between £42,000 and £59,000, please note there is then an opportunity for rapid incremental rises based upon performance.
We are an equal opportunities employer. You will be working in the heart of the city centre at our new offices.
- Providing advice and representation to our criminal clients in the JP and Sheriff Courts.
- Instructing Counsel and preparing defence cases for High Court prosecutions.
- Working within our public inquiry department dealing with actions against the state as well as civil litigation.
- Legal research in respect of a variety of matters.
- Candidates must be a solicitor qualified to practice in Scotland and hold a valid unrestricted practicing certificate.
- The Applicant must hold a clean driving license.
- A background in and passion for criminal law and/or public law.
- Hard working, professional ethos, with a commitment to providing excellent levels of customer service.
- Passionate about human rights and civil liberties.
- Excellent IT skills
- Commercially aware and target focused.
- Able to manage own caseload, prioritise work effectively and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level research abilities.
To apply please email a CV and cover letter in strictest confidence to email@example.com, or to discuss the role further contact Aamer Anwar on 0141 429 7090.